Sunday, March 2, 2014

Blogging Challenge 2014, Day 2: Tell Us About Where You Live

I live in Arab, Alabama. It is a small town situated on a small mountain.



Arab is nice enough, I suppose. We have a small-but-rather-excellent school system. We have a quaint and thriving downtown area where the older buildings are located. We host the Poke Salat Festival every spring, along with a tornado or two. Our own City Park is pretty darned righteous -- it has a lovely walking trail (my favorite place to exercise), historic buildings, ball parks, playgrounds, tennis courts, pavilions, swimming pool -- and each winter it boasts one of the nicest Christmas lights exhibits I've ever seen. Some of the nicest people I know live here. My pharmacist knows me. My neighborhood is quiet. 



Good grief, have I just gone native? I'm not originally from Arab. I never wanted to live here more than a couple or three years. But here I am, twelve years later...and I think I like it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment